Never to Forget: The Jews of the Holocaust
By Milton Meltzer
Publisher: Harper & Row
Current Publisher: HarperCollins
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Ages 8 & Up
Children’s Literature Finalists That Year:
- Milton Meltzer for Never to Forget: The Jews of the Holocaust
- John Ney for Ox Under Pressure
- Mildred D. Taylor for Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
- Barbara Wersba for Tunes for a Small Harmonica
Children’s Literature Winner That Year: Katherine Paterson for The Master Puppeteer
Judges That Year: Kay Boyle, Julia Cunningham, Emily C. Neville
The Year in Literature: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor won the Newbery Medal.
- Meltzer was also a Fnalist in 1969 for Langston Hughes, in1975 for both Remember the Days and World of Our Fathers, and in 1981 for All Time, All Peoples: A World History of Slavery.
- Before becoming an author, Meltzer was a public relations executive for the pharmaceutical company Pfizer. Traveling the country for Pfizer enabled Meltzer to do research at historical societies, local archives, and museums and collect nearly 1,000 illustrations that he then used when he began his career writing historical nonfiction and novels.
Buy the Book: