The Girl Who Cried Flowers and Other Tales
By Jane Yolen
T.Y. Crowell & Co.
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Not Available
Children's Books Finalists That Year:
- Natalie Babbitt for The Devil's Storybook
- Bruce Buchenholz for Doctor in the Zoo
- Bruce Clements for I Tell a Lie Every So Often
- James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier for My Brother Sam Is Dead
- Jason Laure and Ettagale Laure for Joi Bangla! The Children of Bangladesh
- Milton Meltzer for World of Our Fathers
- Milton Meltzer for Remember the Days
- Adrienne Richard for Wings
- Mary Stolz for The Edge of Next Year
- Jane Yolen for The Girl Who Cried Flowers and Other Tales
Children’s Books Winner That Year: Virginia Hamilton for M.C. Higgins the Great
Judges That Year: Lloyd Alexander, Betsy Hearne, Nat Hentoff
The Year in Literature: M.C. Higgins the Great by Virginia Hamilton also won the Newbery Medal.
More Information: In her decades-long career, Yolen has written over 300 books for children which have earned her the Caldecott Medal, two Nebula Awards, two Christopher Medals, the World Fantasy Award, three Mythopoeic Fantasy Awards, the Golden Kite Award, the Jewish Book Award, the World Fantasy Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award, and the Association of Jewish Libraries Award, among many others.
Buy the Book: