Harlem Stomp!: A Cultural History of the Harlem Renaissance
By Laban Carrick Hill
Publisher: Little, Brown & Co.
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Ages 12 & Up
YPL Finalists That Year:
- Deb Caletti for Honey, Baby, Sweetheart
- Laban Carrick Hill for Harlem Stomp!: A Cultural History of the Harlem Renaissance
- Shelia P. Moses for The Legend of Buddy Bush
- Julie Anne Peters for Luna
YPL Winner That Year: Pete Hautman for Godless
Judges That Year: James Haskins, Marie G. Lee, Phoebe Stone, Neil Waldman
The Year in Literature: The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread by Kate DiCamillo won the Newbery Medal. The First Part Last by Angela Johnson won the Printz Award.
- Hill spent nearly a decade doing research for Harlem Stomp!
- Hill was a Young People’s Literature Judge in 2010, the year that Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine won the Award.
Buy the Book: