The Art and Industry of Sandcastles
By Jan Adkins
Publisher: Walker & Co.
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Not Available
Children’s Books Finalists That Year:
- Jan Adkins for The Art and Industry of Sandcastles
- John Donovan for Wild in the World
- Virginia Hamilton for The Planet of Junior Brown
- June Jordan for His Own Where
- Ursula K. Le Guin for The Tombs of Atuan
- Robert C. O’Brien for Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh
- Cheli Duran Ryan for Hildilid’s Night
- Marilyn Sachs for The Bears’ House
- William Steig for Amos & Boris
- Clyde Watson for Father Fox’s Pennyrhymes
Children’s Books Winner That Year: Donald Barthelme for The Slightly Irregular Fire Engine or The Hithering Thithering Djinn
Judges That Year: Paul Heins, Lore Segal, Jean Stafford
The Year in Literature: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C. O’Brien won the Newbery Medal.
More Information: From 1980 to 1989, Adkins was the art director of National Geographic.
Buy the Book: