Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must Be More to Life
By Maurice Sendak
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Ages 4 & Up
Children’s Books (Paperback) Finalists That Year:
- Myron Levoy for Alan and Naomi
- Arnold Lobel for Frog and Toad Are Friends
- Katherine Paterson for The Great Gilly Hopkins
- Maurice Sendak for Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must Be More to Life
Children’s Books (Paperback) Winner That Year: Madeleine L'Engle for A Swiftly Tilting Planet
Judges That Year: Not Available
The Year in Literature: A Gathering of Days: A New England Girl's Journal, 1830-32 by Joan W. Blos won the Newbery Medal.
- Sendak won the National Book Award for Children’s Picture Books in 1982 for the hardcover edition of Outside Over There.
- Sendak was one of the most widely read and successful children’s books authors in the country. He received the 1964 Caldecott Medal for Where the Wild Things Are; the 1970 Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration; the 1983 Laura Ingalls Wilder Award, given by the American Library Association in recognition of his entire body of work; and a 1996 National Medal of Arts in recognition of his contribution to the arts in America.
Buy the Book: