Where Do You Think You’re Going, Christopher Columbus?
By Jean Fritz
Current Publisher: Puffin
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Ages 7 & Up
Children’s Books, Nonfiction Finalists That Year:
- Jean Fritz for Where Do You Think You're Going, Christopher Columbus?
- William Jaspersohn for The Ballpark
- Milton Meltzer for All Time, All Peoples: A World History of Slavery
- Peter Spier for People
Children’s Books, Nonfiction Winner That Year: Alison Cragin Herzig and Jane Lawrence Mali for Oh, Boy! Babies
Judges That Year: Not Available
The Year in Literature: Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson won the Newbery Medal.
- In 2003, Jean Fritz was awarded the National Humanities Medal by President Bush, an honor given each year to up to twelve recipients who have “deepened the nation’s understanding of the humanities.”
- Jean Fritz won the National Book Award for Children’s Books, Fiction (Hardcover) in 1983 for Homesick: My Own Story. She was also a Finalist for Children’s Books, Nonfiction, in 1982 for Traitor: The Case of Benedict Arnold.
Buy the Book: