By Adrienne Richard
Publisher: Little, Brown & Co.
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Digital Publisher: Not Available
Reading Level: Not Available
Children's Books Finalists That Year:
- Natalie Babbitt for The Devil's Storybook
- Bruce Buchenholz for Doctor in the Zoo
- Bruce Clements for I Tell a Lie Every So Often
- James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier for My Brother Sam Is Dead
- Jason Laure and Ettagale Laure for Joi Bangla! The Children of Bangladesh
- Milton Meltzer for World of Our Fathers
- Milton Meltzer for Remember the Days
- Adrienne Richard for Wings
- Mary Stolz for The Edge of Next Year
- Jane Yolen for The Girl Who Cried Flowers and Other Tales
Children’s Books Winner That Year: Virginia Hamilton for M.C. Higgins the Great
Judges That Year: Lloyd Alexander, Betsy Hearne, Nat Hentoff
The Year in Literature: M.C. Higgins the Great by Virginia Hamilton also won the Newbery Medal.
More Information: Richards recently collaborated with Dr. Joel Reiter on a book about treating epilepsy. In Epilepsy: A New Approach (2009), Richard details her own struggle with epilepsy and shares self-help techniques and medications that helped her control her seizures.
Buy the Book: